Making Progress with those Two New Clocks

Making Progress with those Two New Clocks

On August 2nd I made a short post about two new clocks I had started working on. Well there has been progress made on them!

As you can see below the High Perch Phaeton Carriage has been cut out and the outline was traced onto the wood. Then the outline and details was burnt into the wood using the Pyrography tool.

The clock featuring the Phaeton Carriage

The small fan you can see on the table above isn't there to keep me cool. It's there to draw away the fumes that are created during the wood burning.

Below is another view of the Phaeton Carriage standing upright. We will be routing out a recess at the back of this for the clock movement to fit into and then it can be mounted.

An upright view of the Phaeton Carriage clock

The other clock was a round one, 12" diameter featuring a WW2 Spitfire. You can see from the picture below that it was cut out using a router. You can also see the outline has already been traced onto the clock face, this will be burnt into the wood using the Pyrography pan. The hole in the centre that's currently being used for router anchor screw will be drilled out to 8mm for the clock movement to be fitted.

The Spitfire clock almost cut out

Since taking these photos earlier today the Spitfire has now be brunt into clock face. The hole has been drilled out to 8mm and the wood has had it's first coat of Danish Oil.

So quite a productive weekend, another update about these two new clocks will follow in due course.

Posted on